I’ve been nominated by lovely Laura at Pageturnersnook. Thank you so much Laura. Her blog is fantabulous, by the way. Be sure to have a look! Right, so, here we go…
- Thank the person/blog who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions they wrote for you
- Nominate 11 people
- Give them your set of 11 questions to answer
Pageturnersnook‘s questions for me:
1. How often do you read?
As often as I can! If I have a moment of spare time, a book will inevitable be in my hand.
2. Where is your favourite place to read?
The beach. On a nice summer’s day!
3. What is your favourite book, and why?
That’s a tough one. I have so many favourites. Just about everything by Stephen King, Kate Atkinson, Sarah Waters, Bill Bryson, the ’very’ long list goes on…
4. Who is your favourite author, and why?
Stephen King. I’m a massive fan. Not only from a reader’s point of view but from a writer’s. . I LOVE his books!
5. Have you met any authors? If yes, who?
I have! I’ve met some wonderful authors. I met Graeme Simsion at Penguin HQ a little while ago for a pub quiz! It was AMAZING! Such a fun evening. And Graeme was so lovely!!
6. What is your favourite genre?
I love crime thrillers, psychological thrillers, horror, literary, so many …
7. If you have a favourite genre, do you stick to reading that genre or do you like reading outside of your comfort zone?
Love reading outside of my comfort zone. It’s an adventure into the unknown and along the way I usually find a new favourite author!
8. What inspired you to start your blog?
My huge love of books. And my penchant for chatting on for ages about what made certain books stand out to friends and family.
9. How long have been blogging?
I started in December last year so not very long but I’m enjoying it so, so much! I hope to be reviewing books and chatting to all the lovely people in the book community for many years to come.
10. Has blogging opened up any doors for you?
Yes, I think so! I went to Penguin HQ! I still can’t belive it.
11. Have you ever tried your hand at writing a novel?
I’ve written my debut novel. It’s out with agents and publishers at the moment and I’m in the midst of writing my second, which I’m hoping to send out soon too. I love writing (dare I say it…) even more than reading. Really hope I’ll be a published author one day! Keep your fingers crossed for me! (:
I nominate these amazing bloggers:
My 11 questions:
What is your favourite book?
Who is your favourite author and why?
Where is your favourite place to read?
If you could meet any author, who would it be and why?
What was your favourite book as a child?
What is your most treasured book?
Are you writing or have written a novel?
What type of character grips you the most, ‘Bad Guys’ or ‘Good Guys’?
When did you start your blog?
Do you have any advice for people thinking about starting their own blog?
Massive thanks to Laura again. And be sure to check out the blogs above. They are all awesome!!!